Monday, May 2, 2011

HENNA


In the Indian culture, they have henna, a paste that you use to put designs on your hands, feet, arms, etc.     In Bangalore we are staying with, Rashmi, Deepak, and their five year old daughter Shruti. Rashmi is very good at doing henna so one day she did it for me and Shruti. The henna is dark brown and when it dries up on your body you peel it off and it leaves a dark orange stain on your skin that will last for about three weeks. I've been practicing on paper and it's pretty hard to do at first because sometimes it comes out in globs and sometimes it doesn't come out at all. Then I sort of got the hang of it and did it on my mom's foot and Shruti's knee. I think that I've become obsessed with henna!

Rashmi doing my mehendi (henna designs)




This is what it looks like when the mehendi is dried up and then peeled off.



This is the last blog I am going to write while I'm in India, and I've had a great time here with people, elephants, monkeys, foods, swimming pools, friends, and henna!


2 comments:

  1. Really cool! Let's have a henna party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! the henna is so pretty! I think this blog was awesome!!!

    -maudley
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete