Saturday, April 30, 2011

An exciting elephant ride

I have seen so many elephants on my trip to India as well as Sri Lanka. After all of the many elephants I have seen, I thought that was it for me in the elephant department...

BUT FORTUNATELY I WAS WRONG!!!

The last place that my family and I wanted to go in India was the Cardamom Hills, and we stayed in our own cottage in the mountains.

What does this have to do with elephants????

On our third day there, we went on a one-and-a-half-hour drive to ride on an...elephant!!!!

Arjun, age 50




It took about 45 minutes to ride the elephant, then I thought we were done...

But then we went to a small pond and...we got to wash it, and I got to sit on the elephant and it turned over and sprayed water at me again and again and again!

Rani, age 27 





After I was totally soaked, we got to feed the elephant bananas!



We got to touch the elephant's trunk and body!! I never ever in my whole entire life thought that I would get to ride, feed, wash, and get showered by an elephant!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment